Newcastle Optometrist - Custom Eyecare (formerly Marketown Optical)
We have some exciting news for you - we've now moved to our brand new home on Newcastle's Darby Street, not far away from Marketown.
Click Here for more details!
We are a locally owned and operated Newcastle optometrist practice, established since 1999, and now located at 158 Darby St, Newcastle.
New Name, Same People:
In 2014, we introduced a new name & logo, "Custom EyeCare", to reflect the personal & individual services we offer you. In 2015 we moved to our new, modern and spacious home on Darby Street, but we're still the same team providing you with the same great experience and advice.
- thorough eyecare by friendly optometrists with years of clinical experience (including behavioural optometry and custom contact lens fitting)
- your choice from our hand-selected range of fashion frames and sunglasses, chosen to suit Newcastle tastes!
- the high quality lenses in your new glasses - there IS a difference between cheap lenses and good lenses
- the friendly, helpful, honest service you receive from our qualified & licenced optical dispensers - we'll make sure you look great in your new glasses!
- the attention to detail and quality control in your eyecare and your glasses
- our follow-up and problem solving service
- viewing your own retina and optic nerve on a computer screen, along with our expert interpretation - and yes, we keep the images for future comparison
- the convenience of after-hours eye test appointments on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings at our Darby Street practice (these times are popular so book early)
- our "slit lamp microscope" camera which provides a detailed image of the front of your eye - one of only two in Newcastle
- our corneal topographer, used for advanced, highly accurate custom fitting of specialty contact lenses
- Orthokeratology - correct your vision while you sleep with special overnight contact lenses and enjoy natural clear vision all day without glasses, daytime contact lenses or laser eye surgery
What we are not:
- We are not part of an foreign-owned corporate chain - we're proudly 100% Australian (Newcastle) family owned and operated
- We are not listed on the sharemarket, and we do not have shareholders expecting a dividend each year
- We do not import casual optometrists or managers from Sydney or from other "branches" to cover absences
- We do not employ "sales" staff working for commissions or budget targets - we prefer to employ qualified optical dispensers and optometrists (also with full therapeutic qualifications too).
Our vision: "We provide every client with such a great experience that they rave about it to their family and friends, and can't wait to come back. We provide our team with an enjoyable and rewarding place to work."
Newcastle Optometrist Opening Hours
|Monday||9:00am - 5:30pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 5:30pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 5:30pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 7:30pm*|
9:00am - 5:30pm**
|Saturday||9:00am - 1:00pm|
* By appointment only after 6.30pm on Thursday evenings
** We open at 10.15am on the first Friday of every month, after a staff training meeting.
Health fund members with ancillary or 'extras' cover can claim glasses, contact lenses or prescription sunglasses electronically using our Hicaps system.